Date of last update: 12-10-2023
This policy applies to the www.esbq.ca website
- How we handle your personal information by informing you of the types of data we collect.
- What your rights are in relation to this information.
- Who is responsible for processing the personal data collected and processed.
- To whom this personal information is transmitted.
It is supplemented by the site's Cookie Management Policy.
a) GENERAL PROVISIONS
The operations of the École supérieure and its related entities depend largely on the information that is processed, produced and communicated. Like any other institution of higher education in the arts, the École supérieure and its related entities face a multitude of threats that can undermine the confidentialitý, integrity and availabilitý of its information. These threats, the nature of which is constantly evolving, include, among others, theft of identity and confidential information, fraud, industrial espionage and theft of intellectual property, use, disclosure and destruction of information, technical failures, natural events and human error.
The main objective of this Policy is to affirm the determination and commitment of the École supérieure and its related entities to effectively and efficiently manage information security risks. The recommended approach is aimed at identifying stakeholders and defining their roles, making users aware of the risks, and designing and implementing measures that effectively ensure information security throughout its life cycle.
Information security is everyone's business. This policy applies to all individuals (students and alumni, teaching and administrative staff, volunteers, consultants, etc.) and legal entities who use or access the information resources of the École supérieure and its related entities.
This policy applies to all information held by the École supérieure and its related entities in the performance of their duties or in their custody, throughout its life cycle, regardless of its form, medium or location.
In what context does this policy apply?
- This policy complies with Bill 25 or Loi modernisant des dispositions législatives en matière de protection des renseignements personnels supervised by the Commission d'accès à l'information, in Quebec.
- We recognize our obligation to manage your data responsibly. We do not and will not sell your data to third parties.
- This policy applies to the use of the website www.esbq.ca. Please read it carefully to understand when you provide us with your data and how we use it. By using our website, you consent to the use of your personal information as described in this Policy.
- In order to make this Policy as clear as possible, we have identified the occasions where a user could potentially share personal information with us.
c) COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
If you visit our website, various information may be collected. The collection of this data enables us to analyze how our website is used and accessed. It also enables us to enhance the site's functionality and optimize it to better meet the needs of our users. This data also helps us to provide you with a quality service and to make it easier for you to find the information you are looking for.
We automatically collect the following information through cookies or similar technologies :
- Browser type and version;
- Page that led to the website;
- Geographical location;
- Amount of time spent on the website.
Personal information is collected through the following methods :
- Registration forms (auditions, programs) on the esbq.ca website
- Registration or purchase forms (secure external site SmartRec/Amilia)
- Donation forms (PRODON secure external site)
Personal information collected is used for the following purposes :
- Registration for auditions;
- Registration for the professional dance training program;
- Registration for the recreational program for children or adults;
- Registration to the BDVW;
- Newsletter registration;
- Purchase of merchandise;
- Contact form;
- Manage our databases and backups;
- Manage our relationship with you;
- Detect fraud, illegal activity or security breaches;
- Provide you with the content and functionality you request;
- Improve your experience by offering you a more personalized and interactive service;
- Analyze the use of our website;
- compile traffic statistics.
Purchase from the École supérieure
Donate to the Fondation of École supérieure
We use this information to process your donation to the Fondation de l'École supérieure, to contact you if we need to update your information, and for statistical purposes.
Please note, however, that if you refuse to provide us with the personal information requested, we may not be able to follow up on your request and process your donation.
Apply for a job offer
When you decide to apply to work at École supérieure, we ask you to provide us with certain personal information in order to process your application according to the job criteria. We collect :
- E-mail address;
- Telephone number;
- Covering letter;
- Copy of CV including employment and academic history, and any information you choose to provide.
We use this information to review and respond to your application, as appropriate.
Legal grounds: this information is necessary for our legitimate interests (to enable us to assess whether your profile corresponds to what we are looking for) and yours (to apply as a candidate in our company and to obtain a response to your application if it interests us).
Contact our customer service department
You may wish to contact our customer service department in the event of a problem. During this process, we will collect information such as your e-mail address. This information enables us to identify you and respond to your questions or requests.
When you visit our website, you may provide us with information via cookies or similar technologies. Cookies are files containing a small amount of data about a particular user. This data may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are stored on the user's computer or on the hard disk of another device. They enable us to tailor your user experience each time you visit our site. We invite you to read our cookie management policy.
Please note that the information collected by cookies does not allow us to identify you. Please also note that you can always choose to refuse the collection of cookies through your web browser. It is important to understand, however, that by refusing cookie collection, you may not be able to access certain parts or features of our website.
d) WITH WHOM DO WE SHARE YOUR DATA AND WHY?
We do not sell our users' personal information under any circumstances. Your data is shared only in accordance with this Policy. However, when you consent to this Policy, we may share your personal information with certain third parties in the course of our business.
Third parties such as IT suppliers may have access to some of your data in order to carry out their mandate or perform a service contract.
In general, the suppliers we use will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to perform the services they provide to us, such as the hosting of our website via the agency Deux Huit Huit.
However, some third-party service providers have their own privacy policies regarding the information we are required to provide to them when we use their services. With respect to these providers, we recommend that you read their privacy policies carefully so that you can understand how they will treat your personal information collected.
Once you leave our website or are redirected to a third party website or application, you are no longer governed by this Policy.
List of our IT suppliers
- Meta (ad analytics - USA): https://www.facebook.com/privacy/policy/
- Google (data analysis - United States): https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=fr&gl=fr
To prevent your data being collected by Google Analytics: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en
To personalize ads appearing on different Google platforms: http://www.google.com/settings/ads
- CyberImpact (e-mail marketing - Canada): https://www.cyberimpact.com/fr/
- PRODON (Donations and Marketing Canada): https://www.logilys.com/prodon
- SmartRec/Amilia for registration to our various programs: https://www.amilia.com/fr/
We may disclose your information if required to do so by law or if such disclosure is necessary in order to:
- Comply with the law or comply with legal process;
- Protect the rights or property of École supérieure and its related entities.
- Protect the security of our website, our users and their data.
It is also possible that we may transfer your data following a change of control, merger, liquidation, or other transaction involving École supérieure. The information required for this process will only be transferred once the transaction has been completed, and we will only disclose this information without your consent if we are authorized to do so by law. We will take the necessary measures to protect the confidentiality of this information and will destroy it if the transaction is not concluded or if its use is no longer necessary for the purposes of concluding the transaction.
Apart from the service providers SmartRec/Amilia and PRODON, please note that you may leave our website by clicking on certain links on our website. We assume no responsibility for the privacy practices of these other sites and recommend that you read their privacy policies carefully.
e) YOUR RIGHTS
Data protection laws give you certain rights in relation to your information. In particular, you may :
- Request access to your data in order to verify it. Please note that we reserve the right to ask you for additional information to prove your identity;
- Ask us to modify or rectify your data;
- Ask us to delete personal data in our possession, unless we are obliged to retain it in order to comply with legal obligations, for example;
- Object to the processing of your data, unless we have legitimate grounds which would override your rights or interests, or if we need to continue to process such data for the establishment, exercise or defense of a legal claim;
- Ask us to restrict the processing of your data if it is incorrect, if you believe that our processing of it is unlawful or if we no longer need to process your data, but need to retain it for legal purposes;
- Request your personal data and information in an accessible format;
- Withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data;
- File a complaint with the competent authority if you believe that we are processing your data in violation of applicable data protection laws.
f) ACCESS TO AND CONTROL OF YOUR DATA
You can check, modify or delete your personal information by sending us an e-mail to responsabledevieprivé[email protected]. We will respond to your request as quickly as possible. Please provide us with sufficient details so that we can identify you and respond to your request.
g) WHERE YOUR DATA IS HELD
Your personal information is stored in the following countries: Canada (Quebec) and the United States. It is hosted on the servers of our web provider Deux Huit Huit and on the various platforms of third-party providers.
h) DURATION OF RETENTION OF YOUR DATA
We will retain all information we collect from you for a period of time.
We will retain all information collected for as long as is necessary to achieve the purposes for which it was collected or for other essential purposes such as complying with legal obligations. We will destroy this data at the end of this period, or if you decide to withdraw your consent. If you so request, once your data has been deleted, you will receive confirmation that your request has been processed.
To protect your personal data, we take reasonable precautions to ensure that it is not lost, misappropriated, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed inappropriately. For example, we have on our website: - Firewall, Anti-virus, 24/7 monitoring, anti-ddos protection. - Internally, we make sure to make frequent back-ups and to give access to data only to authorized people who need to access it in the course of their work.
If you have any questions about the security of your personal data, please email us at responsabledevieprivé[email protected].
j) AGE OF CONSENT
We do not solicit or collect personal information from minors under the age of 14. If you are a parent or guardian and realize that a minor under the age of 14 has provided us with personal information, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected personal information from a minor under the age of 14 without parental consent, we will delete any information that may have been collected.
k) COMPETENT AUTHORITY
If you are not satisfied with our response to a request concerning your personal information, you may contact the Commission d'accès à l'information du Québec, the public body responsible for overseeing personal data management and processing practices in Québec, or the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada for Canada.
l) UPDATES AND CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
We may add, change or update this policy from time to time.
We may add, change, update or modify this Policy from time to time. We will post any changes to this Policy on this page. The updated Policy will be effective immediately upon posting. If we make material changes, we will also notify you by posting a notice on the home page of our Site for a reasonable period of time. We may also, at our discretion, notify you by e-mail of changes to this Policy.
You must, and you acknowledge and agree that it is your responsibility to, carefully review this Policy from time to time before using the Site so that you are aware of its current terms. Your continued use of the Website after the "last updated" date will constitute your acceptance of any changes and of our collection and sharing of your information in accordance with the Policy then in effect. If you do not agree with this Policy and our practices, you should not use this web site.
m) COMMUNICATING WITH US
If you have any questions or concerns, wish to exercise your rights or make a complaint to us, you may contact us using the information below, and we will do our best to assist you.
Mr. Éric Dandonneau
E-mail: responsabledevieprivé[email protected]